Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do you like Y!A's new format, or is it equivalent to putting lipstick onto a pig?

As sexy as that pig might be, it is still a pig at the end of the day. Will things begin to change for the better in both the looks and the unfair auto-response departments?Do you like Y!A's new format, or is it equivalent to putting lipstick onto a pig?
Patrick, it takes a little getting used to as we say in Kentuky. I do like being able to see the ';Additional Details';. Love your ';putting lipstick onto a pig'; comparrison. ROFL





Don't think YA will ever change the auto-response systems. Would require too much manpower which equals ongoing payroll expenses.





I am a tad paranoid about my spelling. Don't really trust the new spellchecker.Do you like Y!A's new format, or is it equivalent to putting lipstick onto a pig?
Of all the changes Yahoo might have made, what I really need is another stupid assistant. Y!A when run under Firefox, as I discovered recently, underlines possible misspellings like in MS Word. Now we get the dumb graphic off to the side and it is wrong - like not knowing gigawatt or Firefox.


Get your people working on the real problems, like fixing the stupid suggestions the spellchecker makes - almost always showing the splitting of a word at two consonants instead of the most likely solid word.


And this stupid version doesn't even high light the words properly, picking up the last letter of the previous word.
totally agree. They are spending time fixing things that are not broken but they won't attempt to fix things that have been broken for years.. like the unfair reporting..and now if you apppeal and it's denied (and it will be cause it's all computerized) they take off another 10 points. basically they are telling you not to waste your time appealing or be punished. I left a thing on the forum today about having VN that were false and somebody twice had the nerve to tell me that YA doesn't make a mistake and that IF they gave me VN, it was deserved. how does he know. He didn't read my questions. neither does YA staff ..that's the point. They are losing a LOT of people (going to answerbag and other places). This false VN has been discussed on forum for over 2 years and you see it's gotten nowhere.. it's actually gotten worse and I agree with you about the pig and lipstick
I LOVE the new format!! And I love the new auto spell check. How can that be unfair? They don't MAKE you correct the spelling. Mac systems have always had auto spell check for any forum, form, IM, etc. and I never felt it was unfair. If you'd rather leave the words misspelled, then it's your choice to leave them misspelled. Without the advertising, we wouldn't be using all the free Yahoo! services we use, or at least I know I sure wouldn't be.
lol. I knew you didn't like it when I heard the analogy. I agree with you completely. I had no problem with the earlier version and wish it wasn't changed. They really need to do something about quality answers being treated as violations of the terms. Several of my answers have been flagged and I have lost the appeals simply because an actual person is not reading them. I definitely frequent Yahoo answers less now since I know my points can be taken away.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http鈥?/a>





I do like the question being so easily assessable and reviewable,while I am answering....





EDIT: LOL...(((Patrick)))
Lipstick up a pig's butt the spell check sucks for one thing it has all the spelling ability of a FUN-DUH-MENTAL-ist .





Besides your comparison is kind of mean .........................

































































to the pig .
The only thing I like about the new format is that they show the ';Additional Details'; when you answer a question.





Besides that, its like listening to the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana. At. The. Same. Time.
your analogy of Y!A being a pig is unfair!





.....then, whatever improvements you do to Y!A, ';it will still be a pig at the end of the day';!





.....then, what does it make you?!






Lipstick on the pig, definitely.
I think it's a lot more logical. Being able to review the whole question while typing is very nice.





I give it 4 stars.
Lol I like the new format.
Lipstick on a pig......
it's exactly like it was before...
  • antivirus downloads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    triumph